ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title
3. General Amnesty
4. Acts to which this Act applies
5. Discontinuance of proceedings, release from custody and remission of imprisonment
6. Validity of convictions
7. Establishment of the Returnees Committees
9. Functions of the Committee
10. Meetings of the Committee
11. Funds of the Committee
12. Questions as to who is a returnee
13. Duration of the mandate of the Committee
16 of 1993
26 of 1993
An Act to grant general amnesty to citizens of Malawi resident in or outside Malawi, in respect of certain activities of a political nature whether or not constituting offences under the Laws of Malawi and for matters incidental thereto and connected therewith
[15TH JULY 1993]
This Act may be cited as the General Amnesty Act.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires—
"act”, in relation to any act to which this Act applies; includes a statement or a publication made in any form;
"Committee” means the Returnees Committee established under section 7:
"returnee” means a citizen of Malawi coming or returning to Malawi, to permanently reside in Malawi, under amnesty granted under this Act.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.